Sunday, June 10, 2007

naps edition

This guy slept the whole ride from um….where was I? Probably from Grand Central to 86th. So, okay, that's not that bad. But he had it made…in the corner all by himself:




He looked almost comfortable. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep on the subway. Possibly passed out on the subway platform, but I always (somehow) managed to wake up when the train came.


I love how this guy still had a hand on the pole:



Such a busy businessman. This was also on the east side…I think. Oh! It may have been on the shuttle. I need to keep better records. He woke up at each stop. It's sort of like when your alarm goes off and you think, "Oh, fuck it, I've got at LEAST ten more minutes." Sometimes I feel like staying on the 6 train all the way up…just cause I'm tired and my feet hurt. "Oh, there's an express at Union Square? Fuck it, I am sitting." So why stop there? 86th? Why stop now? Why not stay on and see who shows up? It'll be infinitely more interesting than what I'll find when I get home.

This girl wasn't alone:



Her friend was actually standing across from her. But since they couldn't really talk, she decided to get some sleep. Once the train emptied out she ended up talking to her friend, who wound up sitting next to her. I wonder how my friends would react to me just passing out in front of them on the train. That's only happened in Prague. The one night I ended up a mullet-wearing-tram-rider. Accidentally!

No comments: