Thursday, May 31, 2007

family portraits

(for Heather)

First up we have a Mexican family: Father, Mother, Son:



They were arguing...or talking. About what, I don’t know. I had my music on. Most likely Ryan Adams. Or maybe Bob Dylan. But these three were amazing. The father was quite good looking. The mother was terrifying…almost like a cartoon. And the son, with his slick-backed hair, was just looking for approval. We were on the shuttle from Times Square to Grand Central.

And then there are the white people:



I love any girl I see with soccer attire on. I am automatically transported back to the time when I wore cleats and shin guards. That was many years of my youth. God I loved soccer. Saturday afternoon games on the middle school field with the sun shining. Or, even better, with rain and mud and mayhem. Anyway…these two were so absorbed in their respective phones that at first I didn’t even realize they were related. But they were father and daughter…catching up with their friends/colleagues on the ride home. I still can’t decide if that’s sad of progressive or just a sign of the times. This was on the 1 train. I can’t remember where they got off.

These two were kind of surprising:



Obviously a mother and son. I assume they were Italian. Don't really know why… I can't remember if this was on the 1 or on the 4. My commute gets jumbled in my mind. I felt like they definitely loved each other, they just didn't know what to talk about. It reminds me of my brother and mother. Any time they are in transport together he will promptly fall asleep. Unless he's driving.

No comments: